The School of Automotive Skills came into existence in 2017, with a mission to impart knowledge, technical skills & hands-on training in automobiles, focusing on four wheelers, both petrol & diesel, tractor and agricultural implements. The program is designed to introduce the students to the operation of today's complex vehicles by giving them a comprehensive understanding, basic to advanced, of various automotive systems like Transmission, Brakes, Steering and Suspension, Electrical and Electronics, and Engine Performance, etc. Students under this program will acquire the necessary skills to diagnose and repair mechanical and computer controlled electronic systems on the latest models of automobiles.
The Indian auto industry is one of the largest in the world. According to Indian Brand Equity Foundation, the industry accounts for 7.1 per cent of the country's Gross Domestic Product (GDP). With such a huge market comes the requirement of skilled people for after sales service of automobiles where trained manpower is required. The School will create a new benchmark in skill development in the Automotive Industry by developing a work force which will be an ideal blend of technical skills and managerial expertise.
- To create an end-to-end implementation frame-work for skill development in automobile sector, providing opportunities for quality long and short-term skill training, by providing gainful employment and ensuring career progression that meets the aspirations of trainees.
- To establish cross sectoral, nationally and internationally acceptable standards for skill training in the country by creating a comprehensive program of teaching and training.
- To ensure high quality options for long term training, benchmarked to internationally acceptable qualification standards, which will ultimately help to create a highly skilled work-force for the automobile sector.
- To develop and retain a network of highly qualified teachers & trainers in the automotive sector.
- To develop the School as a Centre of Excellence in skill development for Automotive Skills.
- Certificate (6 months)
- Diploma (I year)
- Advanced Diploma (2 years)
- B.Voc. (3 years)
- Post Graduate Diploma (1 year)
- M.Voc. (2 Years)
- PhD. (Minimum 3 Years)
Infrastructure and Equipment
A workshop for training is being set up with an outlay of approximately Rs. 2 crores in the first phase. The workshop will have high-end equipment from globally best workshop equipment suppliers like John Bean for wheel care, diagnostic tools for various systems from Bosch and body shop equipment from GYS, Car-O-Liner & Cellette who provide equipment to workshops of brands like Mercedes, BMW, Audi, etc.Training will be imparted on latest passenger cars and tractors having contemporary technology of the day.
All classrooms will be equipped with training aids comprising of cut sections and working models of all systems of vehicles to facilitate effective learning of concepts.
Prof. Mohanjit Singh WaliaPrincipal
B.E. Honors (Mech.), MBA
Dr. Ankur SagarAssociate Professor
Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering (UTP Malaysia), M.Tech and B.Tech (Mech.)
Mr. Sumit KashyapSenior Trainer
Mr. Kamlesh Kumar ChaudharyJunior Trainer
Mr. Krishan Kumar SharmaJunior Trainer
Mr. Pradeep Kumar MandalJunior Trainer
Sourabh ChechaniJunior Trainer