Today we hear a lot about virtual personal assistants like Siri, Alexa and Google Now, about Self-driving cars, traffic prediction systems and social media services, etc. All these are Artificial Intelligence systems which use machine learning techniques. Machine Learning (ML) is the branch of computer science in which we train computers to 'learn' like human beings. This is done by 'training' them with a large amount of data about a particular application, so that, given a new set of data, they can recognize new patterns and learn to give better solutions. This involves data analysis and automation of analytical model building using numerous ML algorithms.
Machine Learning skills are in great demand today as they are used by the industry to gleanhidden insights from this data to work more efficiently and also gain a competitive edge.There is hardly any real world problem today that is not being solved by ML. As such the demand for persons with ML skills is increasing exponentially today, the world over. These skills include data analytics, deep learning, statistical analysis, etc.
At the newly formed School of Machine Learning & Al Skills (SMAS), within the Faculty of Informatics, Photonics and Robotics, we will prepare students to be industry-ready in thesemuch sought-after skills.
After completion of the program, the student will:
- be trained to NSQF level 7 in the job role of Data Scientist
- be trained for multiple skill sets in IT, like Deep Learning, Data Analytics, Al, etc.
- be able to design and implement data-driven products in any company
- be eligible to appear in all competitive exams in any government sector like UPSC, Defence, Railways and other PSUs
- be trained & equip with knowledge and understanding to become an Entrepreneur
- be secure a job in any company as statistical analystto help companies make better business decisions
- supervise the process of collecting, cleaning and visualizing data
- prepare user requirement and system requirement specifications
- plan and set his/her enterprise/agency for interpreting and extracting data
- perform in the capacity of Application Interface Designer for websites
- secure a job as a programmer of database querying language like SQL
- secure entry level job in any company as web developer or Python Programmer
- be able to teach Python programming in IT training centres
Infrastructure and Equipment
- Computers with GPU optimized environments for fast computing power
- Simulation software like Matlab
- Al software frameworks like TensorFlow, Caffe, Thea no and Torch
- Al cloud services like Microsoft Cognitive Services, Google Cloud Vision or Natural Language APls
- Technologies like the AWS public cloud and private clouds like OpenStack or VMware