- To create opportunities and a conducive environment for skill development of Indian youth to make them globally employable
- To be a choice destination for skills education and research
- To support, promote and undertake the advancement of quality skills education leading to Certificates, Diplomas, Advance Diplomas, Undergraduate, Postgraduate, Doctoral and Post–doctoral degrees in different vocations
- To create a world class infrastructure for training, research, innovation and entrepreneurship
- To provide a flexible system with lateral entry, multiple exit points and recognition of previous learning (RPL)
- To provide for ample industrial internships integrated into the curriculum
Centres of Excellence
The University is in the process of establishing the Centres of Excellence in the area of its core strengths. The School of Manufacturing Skills, the School of Automotive Skills, School of Electrical Skills, School of IT Skills and the School of Carpenter Skills are equipped with world class machines and other resources. These are benchmarked against the best in the world in their respective skill areas. Leading industries are coming forward to establish their Centres of Excellence in the University. The Daikin Centre of Excellence in Air-conditioning is an example.